Monday, July 14, 2014

Odds and Ends; Things and Stuff

Old dock, Chesapeake Bay, MD
Hullo all! We are down on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland at the peaceful retreat that is my in-laws' place.

For the next week, I plan on reading and writing and staring out at the bay, watching the osprey chicks fledge.

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to be on the program at Readercon and had a totally lovely time. I was on several really interesting panels, including one on the science and logistics of space colony living and one on dealing with discouragement. Great conversations ensued. I also got to meet and network with some amazing ladies from the Broad Universe group. I am really looking forward to getting more involved in the organization and promoting more women writers of SF&F.

If you follow me on Google Plus (my social network of choice), you know that I've been sharing and resharing posts about helping a fellow plusser and creative person (writer and artist) who is under imminent threat of home foreclosure. I figured I'd offer some of my ceramics as a perk for folks to donate to Tressa Green's gofundme campaign. What I never counted on was that the hashtag #KeepTressaHome would take off like wildfire on G+ and that tons of other plussers would also offer perks for donations.

I'm so proud of my community and their generosity and caring!! You can read more about the campaign and all the amazing perks being offered here: https://plus.google.com/113113447782383069533/posts/LMxQkwniUcV

So check out the link for your chance to have one of these (or something else that I make) as your very own, or one of many, many unique perks donated by others.

"dragon belly" mugs

It's cool stuff for an important cause. Please consider a donation, or at least spread the word. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment