Monday, July 13, 2015

You Can Go Home Again


I was in college during much of the run of Bloom County and have fond memories of reading the strip in the Campus Times, the University of Rochester student paper. So I was thrilled to see this, today:

From: Comic Book Resources
Back in the day, Berkeley Breathed had visited our school, was interviewed by the radio station, and had signed the 'wall of fame' there. (Sadly, it was long since painted over. Sigh.)

We own all the collected strips (along with Bill Waterstone's Calvin and Hobbes) and it never feels old or out of date to re-read them.

I'm a huge fan of 'Dandelion Breaks' and use that term often in my life. One of our family's favorite movies is Second Hand Lions, where the character of the boy grows up to be a cartoonist - played/drawn by Breathed.

I am so looking forward to reading this new incarnation of Bloom County and revisiting my favorite characters. I'm hoping Milo has some things to say about the upcoming presidential election and is ready to torture his Newspaper editor again!

Thank you, Berkeley Breathed, for all the hours of entertainment during my college days and beyond and thank you for coming back into our lives! More Bloom County! Yay!!

 ______________


No comments:

Post a Comment